Why Hospital Indemnity Insurance?
Hospital stays are costly. If you or a family member find yourself in the hospital due to a sudden accident or illness, you may struggle financially, even if you have a good medical plan. With a hospital indemnity plan, you can rest assured those extra expenses won’t be a financial burden.
Unlike medical plans, there are no deductibles to meet with a hospital indemnity plan. As soon as you incur a qualified event, you can file a claim and start receiving benefits.
The plan pays a lump sum benefit in a previously specified amount. The money can be used for medical costs, insurance deductibles, groceries, transportation, childcare – the choice is up to you!
AFLAC HOSPITAL INDEMNITY PLAN
Hospital Indemnity insurance is designed to supplement your medical coverage (not replace it), easing the financial impacts by covering some of the additional out-of-pocket expenses associated with a hospital or intensive care stay. It provides cash benefits paid directly to you for hospitalization admission.
The Hospital Indemnity Plan includes:
- Guarantee-issue for all eligible applicants during Open Enrollment (no underwriting).
- No pre-existing limitations – all hospital stays where you are charged for an over-night stay are covered, including pregnancy.
- If the mother is covered, a newborn child is also covered for 60 days. For example, a new born will be covered if the mother is covered or the Father has Employee and Spouse coverage.
- Pays $1,000 per Hospital Confinement
- Pays $200 per day while hospitalized – 31-day max per covered event
- Pays $200 per day in ICU – 10-day max per covered event
- Covers unmarried children up to age 26